If you're like me, you came out of college starting to assemble your life's task list. As a matter of fact, your list may have looked something like this;
- Find a job (a decent one w/good pay)
- Find a spouse (may be combined with #1)
- Get married
- Buy a house (a fixer upper will work)
- Have children (2 or 3 are good numbers)
- Add a pet (verdict is still out on this one)
- Travel (destination: overseas)
"But you don't understand...I have my list, we don't add or rearrange items. I'm done with #5. Let's move to #6." (Which, truth be told, I still wasn't crazy about.)
That's when He hit me. With a giant 2x4. (Who is the "He", you're asking? You can learn more about Him here.) So I opened my heart to a fourth. And LBobber is a crazy-awesome addition to our fam...
But during those early conversations with Katie, I said four words that I believed in my heart would never come true. That "I would rather adopt", than have another baby. Well, those words have echoed in my head since the day I spoke them more than 2 years ago.
So...? We're adopting. My life's checklist is getting rearranged. And you know what? I wouldn't change it for anything.