Friday, May 28, 2010

our journey started with my four words...

(JS) Congratulations, you've found your way to our blog. No small feat to be sure. I want to thank you for visiting and take a moment to explain our story.

If you're like me, you came out of college starting to assemble your life's task list. As a matter of fact, your list may have looked something like this;
  1. Find a job (a decent one w/good pay)
  2. Find a spouse (may be combined with #1)
  3. Get married
  4. Buy a house (a fixer upper will work)
  5. Have children (2 or 3 are good numbers)
  6. Add a pet (verdict is still out on this one)
  7. Retire
  8. Travel (destination: overseas)
A pretty simple and straight forward list. As I began to check off each item, I moved on to the next. In my head, there was no going backwards. But, after Katie (the spouse I found while working on item #2) and I accomplished item #5 three times (resulting in MJ, JBoy, & CBear) that seemed like a good place to stop. Until Katie said she wanted another little Seevers running around (item #4).

"But you don't understand...I have my list, we don't add or rearrange items. I'm done with #5. Let's move to #6." (Which, truth be told, I still wasn't crazy about.)

That's when He hit me. With a giant 2x4. (Who is the "He", you're asking? You can learn more about Him here.) So I opened my heart to a fourth. And LBobber is a crazy-awesome addition to our fam...

But during those early conversations with Katie, I said four words that I believed in my heart would never come true. That "I would rather adopt", than have another baby. Well, those words have echoed in my head since the day I spoke them more than 2 years ago.

So...? We're adopting. My life's checklist is getting rearranged. And you know what? I wouldn't change it for anything.

1 comment:

  1. YAYYYY SEEVERS... I can't wait to follow your adoption journey!!
    xoxo

    Kari
    www.mycrazyadoption.com

    ReplyDelete