Monday, June 14, 2010

a man on a mission...

(JS) I'm not sure about you, but I don't have many friends on Facebook that I haven't met in person. As a matter of fact, I can count on 1 (maybe 2) hand(s) the individuals I've connected with, that I've never met live.

That is the case with my "I've never met him before, but connected with him on Twitter and Facebook" friend Kevin Hendricks. I began following him on Twitter because there were some things that we had in common. Passion for charity, adoption, social media, etc. Little did I know, that he was in the midst of publishing a book called Addition by Adoption. A compilation of tweets about his journey as a work-at-home dad and their families' journey to adopt a child from Ethiopia (the journey we are now on). The really cool thing is that a portion of the proceeds from his book will go to charity: water to build a clean water well in Ethiopia. A charity I've become quite passionate about.














http://www.kevindhendricks.com/books/adoption/

I've learned something incredible from Kevin. First, people won't notice you if blend into the scenery. It was one of the first things he mentions he discovered about Twitter.  What I'm learning is that if I just go through the motions, just like run-of-the-mill tweets, I will probably go unnoticed. But I want my life's to-do list to end up making a difference...

To mean something. To stand out.

Thanks Kevin. Thanks for sharing your perspective, by giving us an example of how  to make a statement.

No comments:

Post a Comment