Wednesday, June 16, 2010

my shelter

(KS) I really shouldn't be blogging right now, as I have a garage full of things that need to be set out, priced, organized onto tables etc. If you haven't heard, we are having a multiple family garage sale TOMORROW! to raise funds for our adoption. I cannot believe how much work this is! I've literally been in my garage for 9 hours every day for the last 3 days... it's been crazy exhausting. Yet, all for such an amazing purpose. I'm starting to get pretty emotional though, and I'm thinking it's the lack of sleep, and the great desire to just BE with my family.

On top of all of that physical work, we excitedly received our "packet" from our agency yesterday to begin the "paper pregnancy". Let me just tell you, I FEEL pregnant! (minus the nausea, thankfully) Seriously though, it's amazing the emotional roller coaster that I've been on these past few days.

I woke up this morning with my "to do" list spinning out of control in my brain, but decided I really couldn't afford to NOT spend time with Jesus before the day took off like a rocket! I am completely floored at what happened next. I have NEVER in all of my years of walking with The Lord had such an amazing time with Him. I so felt His presence and comfort. I just wanted to share with anyone who wants to hear, the verses that literally jumped off the page to me... Psalm 91:1-2 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust Him.

I so needed this today. Also, Psalm 91:14 The Lord says, "I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name."

Wow. I'm amazed at how faithful God is to us. And, how awesome it is to receive His new mercies every morning. Just like we need proper sleep and food for our physical health, we even more-so need time with our Abba Father for our spiritual and emotional well being.















I'm so thankful that I was reminded of this today, and that now I can move forward with tackling the garage knowing that He will be supplying my strength... because He is truly my shelter. Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment