Tuesday, June 8, 2010

we're chasing down lions...

(KS) Why should I be amazed? I shouldn't be... God has always been faithful to us in the past. If you know anything about our amazing journey with our precious daughter, Maddie, you would agree. If you don't, developmental delays had us walking down a long winding road  filled with years of occupational therapy, speech therapy, special preschool programs, IEP's, therapeutic listening, brushing techniques and LOTS of tears and prayers... she's 12 years old now, and an AMAZING! girl.











I'm not just being biased... okay, maybe I am. But nevertheless, she's amazing. Which brings me back to God's faithfulness. If you knew Maddie back when she was two, you'd never believe how far she's come... unless you believed in God. You know that phrase, "when you saw one set of footprints in the sand, it was then that I carried you"? well, that was our experience. God literally carried us through that "valley of the shadow of death" and just like the Psalmist said, we got "through" it and made it to the other side, by God's grace.

So, in those moments when I think, HOW in the world are going to be able to afford this adoption, I pull out my old journals and remember God's faithfulness.

Last night I was going through some old papers, cleaning things out for our big garage sale, and I found 4 of my savings bonds that are worth a few hundred dollars! I mean, they were just laying there between some old birthday cards. I know that it isn't much in the scope of the tens of thousands that we need to raise, but to me, it was HUGE! Like God was saying, "don't worry. I've got it all under control"

Jeff and I were super moved by the latest Craig Groeschel talk on LifeChurch.tv. We're chasing down lions! Are you?

1 comment:

  1. I think God does those things for us. It is his way of showing us He is in his! May God direct your path through this whole amazing Journey!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete