Saturday, July 10, 2010

the face of love...

(JS) Have you ever listened to a song and felt that the words you heard were actually spoken by God himself...directly to you? Okay so it may seem a bit far-fetched, but hang with me for minute.

I've been a Sanctus Real (SR) fan ever since Matt and the band won a local music contest in the "Big T" over 10 years ago. Their musical style matches some of my favorite bands...














A couple of years ago, SR came out with a song called "Face of Love". From the moment this song hit my ears, the words pierced the very center of my heart. Ever since I was a kid growing up in the church I knew that I represented Jesus. The parts of me that were good, bad, and ugly, were showing others what "Jesus" looked like.

But the words in this song connected to something in me that I had not thought of before. Have you ever looked someone in the face? Okay, not just looked at them, REALLY looked at them. Look into their eyes. There is something unique about looking someone in the eyes. You can't hide. They can't hide.

When I listen to this song, I think about Jesus' face. I imagine what His face looks like when He looks into the faces of others. The faces of the hurt, the lost, the orphaned. In His face I see care, concern, compassion...love. The words of this song have ultimately forced me to ask the question...

Is my face, His face?

These lyrics have changed my heart. Let them change yours.
You are the face that changed the whole world
No one too lost for you love
No one too low for you to serve
So give us the grace to change the world
No one too lost for me to love
No one too low for me to serve

Let us see...
Let us be your face
Listen to the entire song here.

No comments:

Post a Comment