Tuesday, July 20, 2010

you up for a fight?

(JS) It's been a challenging week. Okay...truth be told, it's been a tough week. And it's only Tuesday. (sigh)

As I've mentioned before, I grew up in the church. I know that God exists, and I have a relationship with Him. But there are some facts that I think we often forget and don't talk about because they make us feel uncomfortable, and even a little skittish.

We are in a war. A battle. It's for our lives. It's for the lives of our family. It's a battle for those in need. For those in poverty. And we need to be on guard. Some of you will immediately know who this war is against. Others may have forgotten, and even others will ignore the fight. But you are in it whether you want to acknowledge it or not.

















It's a spiritual battle. It's a battle against truly epic forces. Holy vs. evil. For more details on the battle, go here.

We're not fighting in a physical war...we're fighting with our words. Prayer is one of the most important weapons we have at our disposal. We need to use that weapon everyday. Every moment. Paul mentions that there are even more weapons and armor to help us in this battle.

But we also can't be gripped by fear. We need to bask in hope and victory. The key word that comes to my mind is awareness. Are you aware of the things happening around you? Are you praying for your day? Praying for your family?

We've been on this adoption journey for a couple of months now. And we've felt bumps and bruises, hiccups, etc. But the other morning, we felt a big 'ole swipe...and it stung bad.

But you know what? We're going to win. He said it, and I believe it.

I'm going to stop typing, and I'm going to start praying. Let's win this battle together!

No comments:

Post a Comment