Saturday, August 7, 2010

here am I...

(KS) I'm always amazed at how quickly time passes by. Jeff and I will be celebrating 16 years of marriage in the fall, which means we fell in love 20 years ago!















Yet, it feels like just yesterday that we met. My love for Jeff has deepened more than I ever thought possible. I respect and love the man that he has become. I'm honored to be walking beside him on this journey of life.

As we watch our children grow, literally right before our very eyes, I'm in awe of how God is working in each of their lives.




















There are times when I think, "what did I do to deserve God's grace in my life, being saved from sin and death? Not to mention being blessed with an amazing husband who loves The Lord, and 4 incredible kids... with more on the way?"

The only answer that I can come up with, is that God loves us.. more than we can ever imagine. He has great plans for us.

I was praying yesterday morning and getting ready to unload all of my "thanks" on God... you know, for health and freedom, kids and a rockstar husband, clothes and food etc., when all of a sudden I thought: better than all of those things that I just listed, BY FAR, is our amazing gift of salvation.

I was hit like a Mack truck when I thought: this really is a very serious thing... that we need to be sharing with "reckless abandon" to as many people as we can. This gift isn't just for me to keep to myself, rather it is something that our Savior wants all to know about and to receive. I feel that in a very real way, adoption is part of the Great Commission that Jesus charged us with before leaving this earth. I want to be a part of it. I long to be doing something.

I'm thrilled that He is molding and shaping Jeff and I to do this very real thing. It's exciting. It's invigorating. I'm eager and nervous all at the same time. But I can't wait to continue, not only raising our amazing birth children, but to begin raising our adopted children as well.


Here am I. Send me.

No comments:

Post a Comment