Friday, August 13, 2010

our "dear anonymous" letter...

(JS) I find it ironic that just yesterday I was reading a blog entry from another adoptive family that opened their mailbox to find money orders for their adoption.

Hold on just a second...I just need a moment to catch my breath.

It was not but a couple of hours ago I handed my Blackberry to KT and had her read an email we received with the most amazing words inside.
"I am very happy to inform you that a group of people requesting to remain anonymous have sent you money towards your adoption."
I read it twice...and then I read it a third time. And then I smiled, and then couldn't stop laughing. That laughter has now turned into tears as I type this letter of thanks to the anonymous individuals who have graciously given of themselves to stand along side us as we rescue an orphan(s) and bring them home.

So you probably want to know how much...I will just say that it was significant. Significant enough to confirm to us that God did indeed ordain this, and he is filling in the financial gap, just like we believed He would. There are two things that I would like to share with this anonymous group of amazingly special people.
  1. Luke 6.38 "Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Jesus said it best.
  2. Next, I want you to close your eyes, and when you do, I want you to imagine the face of Jesus. I don't know what he looks like either, but just imagine Him smiling. When I saw this email...that is exactly what I saw.
I believe that there is much rejoicing in Heaven at this very moment. Rejoicing that all of us are listening to God's whispers, and being moved to act.

Words don't seem to be available to describe the joy found in our hearts at this very moment...so we'll resort to the only ones that seem to come naturally.

Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts.  I know that God will bless each one of you.

Finally, to the one I owe my life to. Major props to my main man...THE man.
Jesus, when You set us on this journey, I didn't know when, where, what and how all of this would happen. There were so many questions. Today I find myself in awe of your awesome, almighty power. I read a prayer the other day that captures my thoughts...that when people see our journey, they would ultimately see You. We want to love like you love. Thank you Jesus.

3 comments:

  1. GO GOD!! We must have read the same post, and i was just telling my husband about that last night. i can't wait to tell him that GOD DID IT AGAIN!!! It's so encouraging readings posts like this! So happy for you guys :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, amen, amen!!! Praising God with you!! His very heart really is for orphans!!! Woo-hoo!!! To God be the glory - great things HE has done!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME!!!! We totally need to Skype.

    This reminded me of when we got 10 $100 bills sent by anonymous when we were waiting on Asher. The best part of the story was they sent it in the mail to the wrong address but God protected it and got it to us! God is good and He cares about orphans more then we can ever imagine!

    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete