Monday, October 4, 2010

“curse the day I began to hope…”

(JS) I hope these words caught your attention the same way they caught mine.

The Together for Adoption (on Twitter at @t4acon), was this past weekend. It would have been great to attend. Work and finances kept us away. However there was a photo slide show that was developed that had a crazy incredible song accompanying it.

I’ll get to the song in a moment.

I want you all to travel back to high school. Okay, I know that just because I mentioned high school, some of you will click off this post. It hurts too much to go back there. Me too. I know. I’m not sure what high-school was like for you, but it was a rough place for me. This may be difficult for a lot of you to learn, because I'm so hip and happenin' now, but I was not the most popular kid in school.

I wasn’t a jock, nerd, geek, prep, or other. I didn’t really fit into any category. Trust me, I tried. Oh I had friends, don't get me wrong. But I didn’t have a place where I felt like I “belonged”.

So the song I heard was called Belong by Chris Rice, and there is a part of the song that says…
I claw the dust and beg the end
Curse the day that I began
to hope there’d be a place where I belong
As we move along this journey of adoption, my heart is continually moved at the sight of orphans. No home. No mother, no father…nothing. Do they have any sense of belonging? Do they understand that they are valued? For me, it wasn’t until our heavenly Father reached out to me and invited me into His family that I felt I truly belonged.

Words can’t begin to describe the joy I will have in telling our little one(s) that they belong.



Chris Rice Belong – Lyrics 
Fading memories ignored
I crawl across the forest floor
Pool reflects an orphan child
Dirty, lost, alone and wild
Fatherless and nameless still
Fallen heart and broken, will
there ever be a place where I belong
I cower ‘neath the monster trees
And try to stand on tired feet
But gravity knocks me to the ground
Where I give up, and tears roll down
I claw the dust and beg the end
Curse the day that I began
to hope there’d be a place where I belong
I hear a sound I recognize
You lift my chin and seek my eyes
Song of love You sing to me
I ache to sing it back to Thee
"Father Love prepares a place
Brother Jesus leads the way
Follow to the place where you belong!"
How did I miss this wondrous song?
The forest sang it all along
"River rinses all your shame
Father offers you His name
Father Love prepares a home
Brother Jesus leads you on
Follow to the place where you belong!"
"Father Love prepares a place
Brother Jesus leads the way
Follow to the place where you belong
Follow to the place where you belong!"

No comments:

Post a Comment