Monday, November 1, 2010

tea party

(KS) On Saturday my friend Rachel planned, prepared and hosted a tea party fundraiser for our adoption.













So for those of you that don't know me very well, I need to tell you that I'm not a tea drinker. Heck, I'm not even a coffee drinker. My vice is Diet Coke. Besides this, I rarely get dressed up. I think I own 1 pair of heels, and they've been in my closet since 1995. I'm more of a jeans and Converse kind of gal.








But when my friend Rachel asked me if she could do this for us... to raise money for our adoption, I wasn't about to get in the way. Rachel went far above my expectations. The decorations were amazing.
























The food was amazing!

The girls were adorable!

Maddie and Claire were thrilled to be a part of the day

My friend Jenn drove 2 hours just for the day!

My sister, Candi, came all the way from
Co. Springs for the event!



















I'm so thankful to have her as not only my sister, but as my friend.

Here I am with my amazing mom and sister




So, obviously the point of the tea was to raise money for our adoption. I will tell you how much we raised, but first I want to tell you about one sweet lady and her amazing gift to us. This lady heard about our fundraiser through a friend. She herself was adopted so she obviously has a special place in her heart for families that adopt. Although she has a very limited income,  and her husband is without a job, she wanted to also take part in helping us financially with the adoption.  She handed my friend a $20 bill to go towards our adoption. I can't tell you how very much this blessed Jeff and I. It moved us to tears. The fact that she would give, when she has soo very little, speaks volumes. It challenges us. In a good way. It reminds me of the parable that Jesus told in Mark 12 about the widow's mite.
41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts.
42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins,worth only a fraction of a penny. 43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “I tell you the truth, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others.
44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything–all she had to live on.”
Although we are quite thankful for the large donations, somehow this lady's gift, moved us in a deep way. It makes me realize that God can use even the smallest of gifts... when it's given with a pure heart. My prayer is that God will greatly bless all of you who have given  in so many different ways to help us bring our baby/babies home.

















So, the grand total from our tea fundraiser was $2, 770. Amazing. Thanks so very much to all that have given, and for all of you that continue to pray for us through this journey.

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing gift....everything looked so great. What a nice way for your community to support what you guys are doing. I am sure it felt so great to just be so supported/loved!! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just beautiful. All of it. The actual party, the people who came and the generosity. I love how God provides for the things His heart is after. I love watching it happen!! God provided $17,000 for our Ethiopian adoption from friends. He will bring in what you need! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is so faithful! Such a beautiful Tea Party! Wonderful friends and community! :)

    ReplyDelete