Friday, November 12, 2010

we're pregnant!

Okay, not literally. But, after 6 months/8 days, our dossier is on it's way to our agency, AWAA, for one last look before they send it off to Ethiopia next Friday.

We received our I171-H today at 5pm. (The last bit of paperwork needed to finish the "paper pregnancy") and by 5:30 our dossier was on it's way... I don't waste any time:)

I had to get a few shots of us at the Fed Ex office. Thankfully the sweet girl behind the counter was willing to take our pictures and deal with my obsessive/compulsive behavior regarding the dossier. I think I had a somewhat visible stamp across my forehead that read, " Don't mess with me! These papers are bringing our baby home!"


























The countdown has begun for our referral for our baby/babies. We are super thrilled, beyond words!

On one hand, it's hard to believe that we will be looking at a picture of our baby in 4-6 months. On the other hand, it feels like we've been waiting forever.

One thing that the Lord has been teaching me on this journey is to trust in Him. To have faith. To be patient. These are muscles that I'm having to work out EVERY day. I would not want to be in any other space than where He has me right now. 

One of my favorite scriptures is, Romans 12:12 Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

My hope is that I will become successful in having all 3 of these attributes throughout the whole process of our adoption.

So, it's official. Because of where we're at in this process, I feel like we can now officially say that we're pregnant. We're coming baby!

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! HOW EXCITING! You have earned that weightless feeling of no paperwork hanging over you! Now each day of waiting really counts! WOO HOO!!! Praise God! May your wait for your referral be short!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I so understand the rushing to mail - I have been there - don't wait one second longer then you need to to get to your child!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, big time!! Just came over because someone left a comment on my blog referring your family to me. Lovely blog and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your video!! :) God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. katie so super excited with you! i like to see that you didn't waste any time getting that in the mail, especially when you be dte the very next week :) love the pics and love the verse you referenced. it has actually been one that i have been repeating to myself over and over again throughout this process. funny how out of ALL the verses in the bible that simple one can really help you through it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love how you wasted no time in getting it shipped out! Are you anxious or something? :p) LOL!!! I know I've said it before, but i am so thrilled for you!! Here's hoping we're travel buddies!

    Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks!!

    ReplyDelete