Wednesday, January 12, 2011

let it snow!

You're probably wondering what we do to keep the winter blues away, right? We need something to keep us occupied as we wait (patiently) for our referral of our precious child/children. So, what do we do?


















We go sledding!
Several inches of snow fell on our very soggy, grassy ground yesterday, so we felt it was important to take advantage of it!



















We were out the door and on our way to the hill by 9:30am. It always amazes me how long it takes just to get out the door... I think we spend more time preparing than we actually spend sledding!

of course we had a blast...


... well, most of us did.






















I hope that you are also enjoying the winter weather... enjoying the many blessings that The Lord has given to us. And looking forward, hopeful for the future He has intended for us. I am reminded of one of my favorite verses in the Bible:
James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

2 comments:

  1. Such JOY seen in these photos! So glad to see that you are having fun and enjoying our Lord's blessings as you wait for another one (or two!) of His precious blessings! :) Happy New Year! Here's to an EXCITING year for all of us!!!!!!! *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful pictures! As I read all the adoptive mom blogs I notice some similarities among them. 1. Look good in hats. 2. Weep a lot. 3. They are wonderful photographers.
    I am not sure what happened....but I only fit number 2.
    Looks like fun:)

    ReplyDelete