Saturday, January 29, 2011

no more silence...

It's been quite some time since I've put out a blog post. I've been quiet for too long. For those of you who know me, you know that this is not in my make-up to be quiet... even for 5 minutes, let alone a week! But the time has come for me to once again speak my mind:)

Until this week, things have been moving very slowly at our agency. We've all been waiting with baited breath for a few referrals to come through, for families to pass court successfully, and for those waiting for their Embassy dates, to pass with flying colors.

It's been a difficult couple of months as only a handful of families have received their referrals (pictures and info on their child). I don't know why, but I just grew silent during this time. Obviously being a mom to 4 kids and homeschooling, might have played a role in my absence. But I wouldn't be completely honest with you if I didn't say that the silence at our agency has been deafening. I've been trying to remain positive and hopeful through this whole process. Unfortunately, it's easier said than done.

This journey has been teaching us some amazing things about trusting in our Savior, the Maker of the Universe. Seriously, I don't know why I even question His faithfulness. He's shown it time and time again. So each day I rise asking The Lord to fill my heart with a new song. I ask Him to help me to be faithful to Him. I tell Him that I want to honor Him with my life. And I do really well... for about 5 minutes. lol. Good thing that He's a forgiving God!

His faithfulness was seen this week as not 1 or 2, but 5 families received their referrals!! Two of these babies were 4 months, and 4.5 months old respectively! Another baby boy was only a teeny weeny 7 weeks old! My excitement for these families was overflowing to the point that it almost felt like WE received our referral. God is soo faithful! As always, I'm eager to see who He has handpicked for our family, yet I'm at peace knowing that it will be in His perfect time, in His perfect way.

3 comments:

  1. AMEN! I struggled too, with keeping my eyes on Jesus through this silence. SO thankful that He forgives us when we let our faith get weak! SO thankful that He always has a way to remind us that He IS in control and has NOT forgotten one of us! No, not one! May you feel Him showering your heart with peace in the waiting, and may we thank Him for allowing our hearts to join in on the celebration for these families! Go, God! You are an amazing, person, and I am so thankful to be getting to "know" you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you, Katie! Praying that you see the face of the one(s) God has for your family. So glad that the silence has broken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for being excited for us. Praying for your referral to come quickly.

    ReplyDelete