Friday, February 18, 2011

Love all around.

I am way overdue for a blog update. Life around here has been busy this week. With both Valentine's Day, my birthday and our son Lincoln's birthday, we've had little time to sit and blog. But I've wanted to.

Blogging is soo therapeutic! Many of you understand, as you have your own blogs, in which to put down your thoughts and emotions.

In light of that, I thought I'd give you a sneak peak into our crazy life.


















This is our kids on Valentine's Eve... "what?", you say. "Valentine's Eve?" I know, it seems pretty silly. But they were soo excited about Valentine's Day. They couldn't wait for the next day to make heart shaped cookies...


































... to sit down to a nice dinner...

























...and then to decorate said cookies....
































We had a great time expressing love to our children with cards, little gifts and lots of snuggling. We also took time to read 1 Corinthians 13 and explained what true love is...being patient and kind, not being jealous or keeping a record of wrong... We talked about God's unconditional love for us, and how we can show that same kind of love to others.

We talked about how we all already have such a mighty big spot in our hearts to love our baby from Africa, that we have yet to meet.

I hope that you had an opportunity to spend time with your loved ones on Valentine's Day and share love with them. But more importantly, I hope that you know the love of the Savior, that trumps all other love. May you feel engulfed in His love today.

1 comment:

  1. you both are such GREAT parents! you inspire me!

    ReplyDelete