Sunday, May 15, 2011

Referral received!

 Let me warn you now, this is long winded... but what's new? ha.

Many of you are probably wondering why I haven't updated in a while... life around here has been a bit crazy, fo sho!


So let me start off by giving our amazingly awesome news... we got our referral!!!


What is a referral, you might ask. I am happy to answer.  It is when one is matched with their child/children. They are given both his/her medical history as well as any info on his/her past. Along with that info there are pictures of these amazing kids!

Of course, they aren't legally ours until we go to court, but in our hearts they are! We are pleased to announce that we have been matched with an adorable litte boy who is going to be 4 sometime this summer... AND a sweet little girl who will be 2 in July! WAHHOOO!!! I mean, lots of cartwheels going on in the Seevers house right now...

...but, I'm getting ahead of myself. I need to back up a bit. Actually all the way back to April 12th. It was like any other Tuesday morning. Crazy, running the kids to art/ choir, running to do errands in between co op classes.

It was during this craziness that my cell phone rang. I looked and low and behold it was the infamous 703 area code! Could it be? My heart did a little flip as I picked up the phone. I had gotten a couple of calls from a telemarketer with this same area code, so I wasn't sure if it was yet again another sales call.

As I said hello, the voice that answered back was our sweet FC, Emily. I was thinking, "this has GOT to be a practical joke... who does this?" I was pleasantly surprised though when Emily said, "this is your UNofficial referral call"... Okay. What does that mean? Basically, they had a referral for us for 2!! kids, but their paperwork wasn't quite compiled yet... she just wanted to see if we were indeed open to these 2 precious kiddos.

Of course we said YES!! This was all without seeing their sweet faces. I was told it would be a couple of weeks before it would be official, and at that point, we'd have pictures.

So 2... 3... and 4 weeks went by. I was not allowed to share this news with anyone, except for family. To say that I was going crazy would be an extreme understatement. I don't keep secrets well... and THIS was a big secret. sigh. We just kept praying and trusting that it would be in God's timing. Not an easy thing to trust at all times, but we did our best.

Fast forward to this past Wednesday, May 11th. We were on our way to Louisville for the CAFO (Christian Alliance For Orphans) Summit. We had all of our kids with us, the van was packed to the hilt, we were ready for a 5 hour drive ahead... armed with DVD's, snacks, matchbox cars, books galore, dolls, more snacks, juice cups, ipods, did I mention snacks?

We were just leaving our town, and as I was texting a friend that "hopefully" I'd be calling from CAFO with good news about our referral, when my phone rang! It was a 703 area code... seriously? This better NOT be a joke. I mean come on! This is torture... however, once again it was sweet Emily. My heart was RACING, my hands were clammy, I whispered to Jeff that it WAS Emily.

This WAS our referral call! She was sending pics of the kids and their medical history etc. Unbelievable. God is awesome. It was such a thrill to be able to finally see their faces... the little ones that we've been praying for, for a year now!

Unfortunately, I can't post pics of their sweet faces until after we pass court... which could be a few months away, as we're waiting on some important paperwork for court. So, instead I will leave you with some pics of our kids and their cousins as they played while we attended the CAFO conference.

from R, my sis with her babysitters


Our Claire with my nephew, Churchill












best buddies: Zoe and Claire

Add caption














































You may be wondering where my pics from CAFO are.... well, let's just say I was a bit side tracked.



Lincoln, Maddie and my nephew, Teddy


















Jeff, myself, our 4 kids with my sis and her family























Thanks, Candice for watching our kids! Thanks, Jesus for our referral for 2 amazing kids! Thanks to all of you for your continued prayer!

Please continue praying as we eagerly await our court date, which will come once all of our little guy's paperwork comes through.

Our first care package will be sent out tomorrow to some friends going to ET in 2 weeks for their court date. Not only will they get a chance to love on our kids, but they will also take pics for us! We have another family taking another care package to them at the beginning of June! We are soo thankful for those that are willing to squeeze in these gallon ziploc bags of goodies into their luggage for our kids! You guys rock!

Eeeekkkkkk! squeals of excitement!

9 comments:

  1. It was so great to meet you! can't wait to follow you as you bring home those littles!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still smilin' BIG for your newly expanded family! How HARD that had to be to wait for their pics and have to keep quiet! Ugh! Clinging to your story - evidence that our God is faithful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very exciting time for your family. I can not wait to see pictures of your children. You are on an amazing journey. How soon do you travel? You are in my thought and prayers.
    Jennifer Ruter

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... happy for you guys!!!! It's been such a privilege to pray with you guys through this amazing journey! God is awesome! And so can't wait to see these lucky kiddos that get to join the Seever's amazing family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT IS WONDERFUL!!! Congrats :-)

    Much love,
    Future Mama
    http://expectingablessing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo hoo!! I can't wait to see pics of those little faces too :)
    Liz Horn

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY YAY YAY! How fun to be able to send care packages too! Praying now that the rest will be quick!

    Love you guys,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. How Exciting!! Congratulations!!
    -Laura McFarland

    ReplyDelete