Monday, July 11, 2011

countdown

In a few short days, we will board a plane, travel 20 hours (with layover) to Ethiopia where we will meet our sweet kiddos, B***** and M***** face to face for the very first time! There are soo many emotions that have been rolling around, not only in my mind, but lately on my sleeve. While we are THRILLED to meet our kiddos and have been anticipating this trip for over a year, my heart is heavy with sadness at leaving our other 4 children at home while we take this next step in this journey that the Lord has us on. We will only be gone for 9 short days, but I've never been gone more than 4 or 5, and that was 7 years ago! It will probably be hardest leaving LBobber, as he is only 2 and although he understands a lot, he may not be able to comprehend the time frame of 9 days. I pretty much broke down the other night SOBBING like the world was ending. I seriously was a mess. Thankfully, I have an amazing husband who hugged me, encouraged me and prayed over me. The Lord's peace did come... which is really quite amazing, and I was able to finally get some rest. I woke up crying and basically cried on and off all morning. My kids were so sweet... hugging me and telling me that it would be okay. sigh.

I continue to be amazed at the emotions that have played out throughout this adoption journey. They are sooo very much like being pregnant. I haven't been able to sleep well at all these last few weeks, very much like it was for me right before I delivered each of my 4 precious kiddos.




















Yesterday was a much better day, once I was able to get a hold of my emotions. There has been a lot of extra snuggle time going on in the Seevers home...























I have been nesting like crazy... having Jeff paint all of our furniture, painting the kids bathroom, the boys room, and cleaning drawers, closets etc. like a crazy woman.



























We've also been packing, weighing, and repacking like mad! Thanks to all of you that have brought over donations for us to take with us. Everything from diapers, wipes, flip flops, formula, granola bars, diaper ointment, baby vitamins, fruit snacks, sidewalk chalk, suckers and more! THANK YOU!! The people that will be receiving these gifts will be forever grateful! We are allowed to check two 50lb bags each, along with 1 carry on each and a back pack. Trust me when I say that they are all packed to the hilt!


















We feel pretty well prepared, as far as the physical stuff goes... we've had our vaccines, our bags are packed, our paperwork is prepared, grocery shopping for the kids and last minute stuff around here will be done this week.

We have also "upped" our spiritual warfare for our family. Being sure to put on the full armor of God daily, to fight off the enemy's attacks. We are asking though that YOU, our friends and family, would also be praying for us... we would love to have many people praying for us over these last few days before we leave, for safety in travel, our kids safety, for peace and health throughout our trip, for our first meeting with B***** and M*****... that they will be able to bond easily with us, for our court date (July 21st) - that we'd find favor with the judge and the MOWYCA officials that have the authority to give us a favorable letter of approval... we are EAGER to hear the words from the judge's mouth, " they are yours" for grace, and hope! I'm sure that there are a hundred other things that you could be praying for us, so pray as the Spirit leads you.

We are soo very thankful to our family and friends... and honestly, even strangers that have stepped up and supported us throughout this process. This was never about us. This has always been about these kids... their need for a home. a loving home. a place where they can grow and thrive. a place where they can learn about the love of their Heavenly Father. where they can learn about His saving grace. a place that they can call family.

Thank you for seeing this vision that the Lord has placed on our hearts. Thank you, to many of you who have stepped up and helped to make it happen. THIS is what the body of Christ is really all about.

We'll continue to update our blog as we follow our hearts to Africa and my hope is that next week, once we've passed court, I'll be able to post pics of the newest Seevers' kids.

Thanks again for your words of encouragement, and for your prayers!

2 comments:

  1. This just makes me smile. Travis and I will definitely be praying for you and your family through these next few weeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are praying for you all here! Leaving my littles to go to ET to meet our littles was the hardest thing ever....until I had to leave ET without them. I will be a wonderful and hard trip. We will be back here covering you in prayer as you experience the joy and heartache that is this journey. You are not alone, and we are praying for you. We had just finished lunch at Pizza Hut and I was getting ready to kiss my babies good bye and drive five hours to the airport when I lost it again. I was a blubbering mess. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to do it. I HAD NEVER BEEN AWAY FROM THEM....not once. God provided for me in that moment and in walked another adoptive momma. She came over, quietly hugged me and said, "This is so hard, it is. But right now you are going to be with the kids that need you most. You can do this and the kids will be fine." I was able to wipe some tears and I realized she was right. Naomi and Judah needed me most right then. Without my traveling over there...we would never be a family. I was hard, but we all made it. WE ARE PRAYING my friend. Let me know if we can do anything for your kiddos. Send a care package half way through or something...seriously. If you give me an address we can send them a pick me up when they are missing you. Love you my friend.

    ReplyDelete