Monday, November 14, 2011

thankfulness

As we wait to board our plane carrying us from DC to Addis Ababa, my mind is swirling with thoughts of joy, hope, eagerness, excitement... as well as feeling nervous, humbled, scatterbrained and giddy. We would be remiss if we didn't take a moment to thank you, our friends and family, and even complete strangers for all of the various ways that you've been supportive to us over the last 18months, when we began this journey.

I think it has finally started to sink in that we are on our way to get our children!! and bring them home with us. When we first saw the sweet faces of M and B back in May, I had no idea how grand my love for them would be. Of course, I knew that it would grow, but I didn't realize the fierceness to which it would grow. It is just a glimpse of how very much my God must love me. It's incredibly humbling to say the least.


I realize that once we get in country, I will have VERY little time to update as our hands will be full of two little brown eyed beauties, but I DID want to take a quick minute to say THANK YOU!

We began this journey with a seed that was planted in Jeff's heart, lots of enthusiasm, and little funding to make it happen.

Thank you for stepping up to the plate in soo many different ways... words of encouragement, an ear to listen, prayers and more prayers, as well as soo many that have give to us financially to make this happen.

We knew that if this truly was a calling that God had ordained, that He would have to provide... and He did.



Thank you!

We realize that our journey is really just beginning, as we will have our own "after the airport" experience... so PLEASE continue to pray. If you feel led, please call and encourage us. send us a quick note. All of these things mean soo very much to us.


God is soo very faithful! Thank you for being a part of our journey!



No comments:

Post a Comment